This trip is a perfect introduction to trekking in the northwest highlands of Sapa, with time also spent in the architecturally rich capital city of Hanoi. The trip offers a balance of cultural insights and physical activity set amongst some of northern Vietnam’s most stunning landscape scenery. After exploring the vibrant city of Hanoi we travel by comfortable overnight train to the hillside retreat of Sapa in the country’s north. Sapa is home to many of North Vietnam and South West China’s minority groups and we spend the next three days on a remote trek through settlements and picturesque villages. We have ample time to observe the local lifestyles of these unique cultures before returning to Hanoi.
ITINERARY IN BRIEF:
Night 1: Night train to Sapa
Day 1: Sapa – Cat Cat and Sin Chai – Sapa (B, L, D)
Day 2: Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van - Overnight at homestay (B, L, D)
Day 3: Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai – Su pan – Sapa (B, L, D)
Night 4: Overnight train to Hanoi.
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
NIGHT 01: HANOI - LAO CAI
20.00 - Mini bus picks guests up from Hanoi Golden Moment Hotel and transfers to Tran Quy Cap train station.
21.00 - Train departs and overnight on train. Travel time approx 9 hrs.
DAY 1: SAPA - CAT CAT - SIN CHAI - SAPA (B, L, D)
5.30 - Arrive at Lao Cai train station. Our staff will pick you up with the sign of your name then transfer to Sapa.
7.00 - A morning shower could be offered after or before breakfast as your request.
9.00 - Check in the hotel then start a new day by a short trek about 3km down to Cat Cat Village - the home of H'mong minority, visit Tien Sa waterfall and also have chance to take part in a performance art of H’Mong boy and girl. |
Affer that continue trekking to visit Sin Chai village where you can see spectacular views of the beautiful valley towards Fansipan - highest peak in Vietnam and Indochina and Black Hmong ethnic minority, see people weaving, embroidering and dying their clothes,… then take a Jeep/van back to Sapa.
Lunch at the restaurant and free time in the afternoon to discover Sapa town and Sapa market. Dinner at the hotel or restaurant. Overnight at the hotel in Sapa.
DAY 2: SAPA - Y LINH HO - LAO CHAI - TA VAN - OVERNIGHT AT HOMESTAY (B, L, D)
8.00 – Breakfast in hotel.
9.00 – Begin trekking from Sapa towards Muong Hoa valley where we can admire magnificent landscapes.
11.30 – Trek through Y Linh Ho village with Black Hmong tribe.
12.30 – Break for delicious lunch in the local house near by Muong Hoa stream.
13.15 – Keep trekking through lush rice-terraces towards Lao Chao village to experience Black H`mong people`s daily life and traditional culture.
15.30 – Arrive into Ta Van village inhabited by Zay minorities exhibiting strong Chinese culture where we have dinner cooked on a wood fire enjoying the company and hospitality of our Zay family and homestay overnight.
DAY 3: TA VAN - GIANG TA CHAI - SU PAN - SAPA (B, L, D)
8.00 – Breakfast at homestay.
9.00 - 9.30 – Trek through bamboo forests to Giang Ta Chai waterfall, bridge and village inhabited by Red Zao minorities for a short break to enjoy stunning view surrounding.
12.00 – Break for lunch.
12.45 – Keep trekking into the village of Red Zao minority, visit their houses to explore their rich culture.
13.30 – Continue trekking down to Su Pan of Black Hmong’s people
15.00 – Bus or jeep pick you up back to Sapa, free time in Sapa for shower and dinner.
17.30 – Bus transfer back to Lao Cai station for the night train back to Hanoi. Overnight train
NIGHT 4: LAO CAI - HANOI
5.30 – Arrive at Hanoi Golden Moment Hotel. Tour ends.
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
PRICE IN $US:
Group tour (Maximum 8 paxes)
- Soft sleeper with A/C ( 2 ways - soft sleeper with A/C,King Express,Livitran Train,Hatraco Train,Tulico Train,Sapaly...)
- All meals as mentioned in the tour program
- Transport as tour itinerary.
- English speaking guide.
- All accommodation : Sunny Mountain Hotel, ParadiseView Hotel, Sapa Lodge Hotel, Fanxipan View, Panorama Hotel...
- Entrance fees,security permits.
- Drinks,phone calls and personal expenses.
- Please bring along a good pair of walking shoes, raincoats, jackets, insect repellent and sunscreen.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Warm clothes, scarf, hat, cap because the weather in Sapa is pretty unpredictable. It is normally cold in September, October, November, December, January, February and March
- Due to altitude of Sapa, it is sometimes foggy in December, January, February and March.
- Trekking shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, insect repellent are also necessary. You should take cash with you in Vietnam Dong because banking system in Sapa sometimes doesn’t function well. US Dollar, Euro, Australia Dollar are accepted in Sapa.
- You should take medicine with you although there are some chemist’s shops in Sapa in case you get sick.
- Under 2 years old: Free of Charge
- From 3 to 5 years old: 50% of adult’s price (no bed) and 75% of adult’s price (with bed)
- From 6 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s price (no bed) and 90% of adult’s price (with bed)
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!