Northwest Vietnam is a captivating mix of dramatic mountainscapes, crisp fresh air and colourfully-clothed hilltribes. Set on the slopes of a beautiful emerald green valley, Sapa is the heart of this unique piece of Vietnam. Travel to this peaceful land and meet resplendently dressed ethnic minorities at the local market, visit neighbouring villages and hike through iridescent rice terraces, witnessing how the current of life has bubbled along here for centuries. This trip - trekking is full of opportunities to be immersed in traditional hilltribe culture and cuisine, while relishing the striking landscapes of Sapa and its surrounds.
ITINERARY IN BRIEF:
Day 1: Hanoi – Sapa by bus with a long trek Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai – Ta Van village (L, D)
Day 2: Medium trek Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai village - Sapa - Ha Noi (B, L)
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
DAY 1: HANOI - SAPA - Y LINH HO - LAO CHAI - TA VAN (L, D)
6.30 – 7.00: Pick up from Hanoi Golden Moment Hotel, get on big bus and depart for Sapa town.
9.30: Follow the highway to Lao Cai city with the first comfort break
11.00: Second comfort break at Lao Cai city before approaching Sapa
13.00: Arrive Sapa town with colourful traditional costumes of H’Mong, Dzao, Tay ethnic people. Welcome drink and itinerary briefing. Enjoy the lunch with local Vietnamese dishes
14.15: A short drive to Y Linh Ho then trek through the rice terraces and along Muong Hoa stream to the Black Hmong village of Lao Chai to see the spectacular landscape of Hoang Lien Son mountain. You approach Ta Van village where Zay ethnic people inhabits in late afternoon.
Trekking distance is about 9 kms and it lasts for 3.5 hours
17.45: Check in homestay, get to know the family of Dzay people. Spend time to enjoy the mountain life on sunset. You may attend cooking local dishes with the family and enjoy dinner in peace. In the evening, you can join the local bar nearby with music and socialize with other tourists then overnight at homestay.
DAY 2: MEDIUM TREK TO TA VAN - GIANG TA CHAI - SAPA - HANOI (B, L)
8.00: Have breakfast prepared by the family and start a new day with more interesting trek.
8.45: Keep walking to the rice paddies where you have a nice photo session of the amazing surrounding landscapes. A trek through the bamboo forest and stop to have a panorama view of Giang Ta Chai village – home of red Dzao people.
Trekking distance is about 4 kms and it lasts for 2 hours
11.00: Trek through the Giang Ta Chai bridge to main road, bus picks you up to come back Sapa town.
12.00 -12.30: Have a shower at hotel, check out.
12.30 - 13.30: Have lunch.
13.30 - 14.45: Relax and leisure on your own.
14.45 - 15.00: Meet all group members at hotel to get ready for Hanoi.
15.00: Get on bus to go back to Hanoi with two comfort breaks.
21.15: Say goodbye to you at Hanoi Golden Moment Hotel.
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
- Group from 02 to 06 people: 115$US per person
- Group from 07 to 12 people: 105$US per person
- Modern air – conditioning bus with comfortable seats from Hanoi – Sapa and return
- 2 bottles of water, tissues, 2 snacks/2 ways/person on bus Ha Noi - Sapa - Ha Noi
- Modern bus in Sapa with experienced drivers
- English speaking tour leader escorted during the bus trip Hanoi – Sapa - Hanoi, local guide escorted in Sapa
- Meals as 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast with local dishes
- All entrance tickets to indicated sites
- Single basic bed with mosquito net at homestay
- Insurance during the time using the bus
- Beverages, travel insurance, VAT, personal expenses
- Others not clearly mentioned above
- In day 2, if you do not want to attend the long trek Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van, our tour leader will help you visit another place. All tickets and transportation fees are paid by you.
- Old people should not attend the long trek (9 kms) due to its challenge and danger in case of rain
- Handicapped people and children under 6 years old shouldn’t attend trekking
WHAT TO BRING:
- Warm clothes, scarf, hat, cap because the weather in Sapa is pretty unpredictable. It is normally cold in September, October, November, December, January, February and March
- Due to altitude of Sapa, it is sometimes foggy in December, January, February and March.
- Trekking shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, insect repellent are also necessary. You should take cash with you in Vietnam Dong because banking system in Sapa sometimes doesn’t function well. US Dollar, Euro, Australia Dollar are accepted in Sapa.
- You should take medicine with you although there are some chemist’s shops in Sapa in case you get sick.
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!